New Zealand

PIER Certified    ICEF Trained Agent Counsellors New Zealand Specialist Agents ISO 9001: 2008 Canadian Bureau for International Education

New Zealand Visas


New Zealand Visas

In general, you will need a visa if you wish to: Visit as a tourist, work temporarily, have a working holiday, reside permanently or study.

You may need to apply for a visitor visa if you intend to stay temporarily in New Zealand, but you don't intend to study or work. If your home country is on the visa-waiver list, you can enter New Zealand without a visa, depending on how long you want to stay. If you are not from a visa-waiver country you will need a visa. They need to know that:

  • You are in good health
  • You are of good character 
  • A visitor visa fits your purpose for coming to New Zealand
  • Your passport
  • Proof that you plan to leave New Zealand
  • Proof of funds

But if you wish to study in New Zealand you should know that everyone who comes to study in New Zealand from overseas must meet certain rules and requirements. If you are coming to New Zealand for more than three months, you will need a student visa.


For more information, please contact  one of our offices

Study in Australia | Study in the UK | Study in Malaysia | Study in Canada | Study in the USA | Study in New Zealand

Last Updated: 30 November 2009
               Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF

Apply Online

You can start your application with Studyco by filling out our online assessment form.

Start Study Assessment

Apply in Person

If you prefer to see a Studyco representative in person, go to one of our worldwide offices.

Find A Studyco Office
StudyCo Expo 2016